11
Happy learning ! ^^
影片文稿:
- What was school like for you in India?
印度的學校生活是怎樣的? - It was intense! Lots of exams and strict rules.
很緊張!有很多考試和嚴格的規定。 - That sounds tough. Were the teachers strict?
聽起來很辛苦。老師嚴格嗎? - Very! You had to memorize everything.
非常嚴格!你必須記住所有東西。 - In the U.S., schools are more relaxed.
在美國,學校更輕鬆。 - Really? Do you have fewer exams?
真的嗎?考試比較少嗎? - Yes, and teachers focus more on creativity.
是的,老師更注重創造力。 - That sounds so nice. We didn’t have much of that.
聽起來很棒。我們沒那麼多創造力的培養。 - Did you have any fun activities at school?
你們學校有什麼有趣的活動嗎? - We had cultural festivals. They were the best!
我們有文化節。那些是最棒的! - Cultural festivals? That sounds amazing.
文化節?聽起來很棒。 - Yes, we’d dress up, dance, and eat lots of food.
是的,我們會打扮、跳舞,還有吃很多食物。 - In the U.S., we had sports days and field trips.
在美國,我們有運動會和校外教學。 - Field trips sound fun! Where did you go?
校外教學聽起來很有趣!你們去了哪裡? - Zoos, museums, and even amusement parks.
動物園、博物館,甚至是遊樂園。 - That’s amazing! We never had amusement park trips.
太棒了!我們從來沒有遊樂園之旅。 - Did you have a lot of homework?
你們有很多作業嗎? - Too much! I sometimes studied until midnight.
太多了!我有時候要學到半夜。 - Same! Some nights I didn’t even sleep.
我也是!有些晚上我根本沒睡。 - That’s rough. How did you manage?
太辛苦了。你是怎麼熬過去的? - Lots of coffee! Did you have morning assemblies?
很多咖啡!你們有晨會嗎? - Yes, every day. They were long but important.
有,每天都有。雖然很長,但很重要。 - We only had assemblies once a week.
我們每週只開一次晨會。 - That’s nice. Ours were every single day!
那很好。我們可是每天都有! - Were there a lot of extracurricular clubs?
有很多課外活動的社團嗎? - Yes! Debate club and science fairs were popular.
有!辯論社和科學博覽會最受歡迎。 - I was in the drama club. We put on plays.
我參加了戲劇社。我們會演戲。 - That’s so cool! Did you perform in front of the school?
太酷了!你們會在全校面前表演嗎? - Yes, and it was terrifying but fun!
是的,那真是既可怕又有趣! - I bet! It must have been exciting too.
我猜也是!那一定也很刺激吧。 - Did you have uniforms at school?
你們學校有穿校服嗎? - Yes, every day. It was mandatory.
有啊,每天都穿。這是強制規定的。 - We didn’t have uniforms. It felt more relaxed.
我們沒有穿校服。感覺更輕鬆。 - Lucky you! Uniforms were so uncomfortable.
你好幸運!校服真的很不舒服。 - What was your favorite subject in school?
你在學校最喜歡的科目是什麼? - I loved science, especially chemistry.
我喜歡科學,尤其是化學。 - I was more into history. It’s like reading stories.
我更喜歡歷史。它就像在讀故事一樣。 - That’s true. History does feel like a storybook.
沒錯。歷史真的像一本故事書。 - Would you change anything about your school days?
你會想改變學校生活的什麼嗎? - Maybe less pressure and more fun activities.
可能是減少壓力,多一些有趣的活動。 - What were you most afraid of as a child?
你小時候最害怕什麼? - Spiders! They terrified me.
蜘蛛!它們嚇壞我了。 - Same here! I’d scream if I saw one.
我也是!看到一隻我就會尖叫。 - Exactly! Even the tiny ones.
完全同意!哪怕是很小的蜘蛛。 - Did you ever try to overcome your fear?
你有試過克服恐懼嗎? - Yes, I forced myself to watch spider videos.
有,我強迫自己看蜘蛛的影片。 - That’s brave. Did it work?
你很勇敢。有效嗎? - Kind of. I don’t scream anymore, at least.
有一點吧。至少我不再尖叫了。 - What’s the bravest thing you’ve done?
你做過最勇敢的事是什麼? - I once saved a kitten stuck in a tree.
我有一次救了一隻卡在樹上的小貓。 - That’s amazing! Were you scared of heights?
太棒了!你害怕高嗎? - Terrified, but I couldn’t leave the kitten.
超害怕,但我不能把小貓丟在那裡。 - That’s so sweet of you. Did anyone help?
你真的好貼心。有人幫忙嗎? - No, but some neighbors cheered me on.
沒有,但有些鄰居為我加油。 - What about you? What’s your bravest moment?
那你呢?你最勇敢的時刻是什麼? - I once stood up to a bully in school.
我有一次在學校勇敢對抗一個惡霸。 - That’s incredible! What happened?
太厲害了!後來怎麼樣了? - He stopped bothering my friend after that.
之後他就不再欺負我的朋友了。 - You’re a hero! Did your friend thank you?
你真是英雄!你的朋友有謝謝你嗎? - Of course! We’re still best friends today.
當然有!我們到今天還是最好的朋友。 - Did your parents help you overcome fears?
你的父母有幫助你克服恐懼嗎? - Yes, they always encouraged me to be brave.
有,他們總是鼓勵我要勇敢。 - That’s wonderful. What kind of advice did they give?
太棒了。他們給了什麼建議? - They told me to face my fears one step at a time.
他們告訴我要一步步面對我的恐懼。 - Did you ever have nightmares as a kid?
你小時候常做惡夢嗎? - All the time! I used to dream about monsters.
經常!我以前總是夢見怪物。 - Same! I had one recurring dream about falling.
我也是!我有一個重複出現的夢,是掉下去的感覺。 - Oh, I’ve had those too. They’re so scary!
我也有過那些夢。真的很可怕! - How did you deal with nightmares?
你是怎麼處理惡夢的? - I’d hide under my blanket until I fell asleep again.
我會躲在毯子下面,直到再次睡著。 - Did you have any childhood heroes?
你有小時候崇拜的英雄嗎? - Yes, my dad. He could fix anything.
有,我爸爸。他什麼都能修好。 - That’s sweet. My hero was Spider-Man.
真貼心。我小時候崇拜蜘蛛俠。 - Classic! Everyone loves Spider-Man.
經典!每個人都愛蜘蛛俠。 - Did you have any fears you eventually overcame?
你有克服過的恐懼嗎? - Heights. It took a while, but I did it.
懼高症。我花了一些時間,但終於克服了。 - That’s impressive! How did you overcome it?
真了不起!你是怎麼克服的? - I started by climbing small hills and worked my way up.
我從爬小山開始,逐漸加大挑戰。 - That’s a great approach. Small steps really help.
這是一個很棒的方法。小步驟真的有幫助。 - Exactly! It’s all about building confidence.
沒錯!一切都關乎建立信心。 - What’s the weather like in India right now?
印度現在的天氣怎麼樣? - It’s getting hot. Summer is almost here.
天氣越來越熱了。夏天快到了。 - Summers there must be intense, right?
那裡的夏天一定很猛烈,對吧? - Yes, it gets up to 45 degrees sometimes!
是啊,有時候溫度高達45度! - That’s so hot! How do you stay cool?
太熱了!你們怎麼降溫? - We use ceiling fans and drink lots of water.
我們用吊扇,喝很多水。 - Does it rain a lot there?
那裡常下雨嗎? - Yes, during monsoon season, it’s non-stop.
是的,在雨季的時候,幾乎不停。 - I love rainy days, as long as I’m indoors.
我喜歡下雨天,只要我在室內。 - Same here. The sound of rain is relaxing.
我也是。雨聲讓人放鬆。 - What about winters in India? Are they cold?
印度的冬天怎麼樣?冷嗎? - Not really. It’s mild in most places.
不是很冷。大多地方都很溫和。 - That’s nice. U.S. winters can get freezing!
那很好。美國的冬天有時冷得要命! - I can’t imagine dealing with snow.
我無法想像要面對雪的情況。 - Have you ever seen snow?
你見過雪嗎? - No, but I’d love to someday.
沒有,但我希望有一天可以看到。 - It’s beautiful but so cold.
雪很美,但也很冷。 - I imagine it must feel magical though.
我想雪一定讓人感覺很奇妙吧。 - What’s your favorite type of weather?
你最喜歡什麼樣的天氣? - I love cool, breezy days.
我喜歡涼爽又有微風的日子。 - Do you think climate change affects your country?
你覺得氣候變遷影響到你的國家嗎? - Definitely. Summers are getting hotter every year.
當然,每年的夏天都越來越熱。 - It’s the same here. Winters are shorter too.
這裡也一樣。冬天變得越來越短了。 - That’s concerning. Nature is changing so fast.
真讓人擔心。自然變化得太快了。 - Do you enjoy rainy days or sunny days more?
你更喜歡下雨天還是晴天? - Rainy days, especially when I can stay in and read.
下雨天,尤其是我能待在家裡看書的時候。 - Same here. Rain makes everything feel cozy.
我也是。雨讓一切感覺更溫馨。 - Exactly! It’s perfect for tea and a blanket.
沒錯!這是喝茶和蓋毯子的最佳天氣。 - Do you think you’d like living somewhere cold?
你覺得你會喜歡住在寒冷的地方嗎? - Maybe for a short time, but I’d miss the sun.
可能短期可以,但我會想念太陽。 - Same. Sunshine makes me feel more energetic.
我也是。陽光讓我感覺更有活力。 - Totally! I feel happier when it’s sunny.
完全同意!陽光明媚的時候我感覺更開心。 - Have you ever been caught in a storm?
你曾經被困在暴風雨中嗎? - Yes, once during a hike. It was scary but exciting!
有一次徒步時被困了。很可怕但也很刺激! - That’s intense! How did you get through it?
太緊張了!你們是怎麼熬過去的? - We found shelter under some trees and waited it out.
我們在樹下找到庇護,等雨停了。 - Have you ever seen a rainbow after a storm?
你有在暴風雨後見過彩虹嗎? - Yes, it was beautiful and worth the wait.
有啊,非常美,值得等待。 - Rainbows are like nature’s reward, aren’t they?
彩虹就像是大自然的獎勵,不是嗎? - They really are! They always make me smile.
真的是!它們總是讓我微笑。 - What’s your dream job?
你的夢想工作是什麼? - I’d love to be a travel photographer.
我想成為一名旅遊攝影師。 - That sounds amazing! Why a travel photographer?
聽起來太棒了!為什麼是旅遊攝影師? - I love exploring new places and capturing their beauty.
我喜歡探索新地方,捕捉它們的美。 - Do you have a favorite destination?
你有最喜歡的目的地嗎? - Probably Iceland. The landscapes are breathtaking.
可能是冰島。那裡的風景美得令人窒息。 - That’s on my bucket list too!
那也是我的夢想清單之一! - You should definitely visit. It’s magical.
你一定要去看看。那裡真的很神奇。 - What does success mean to you?
對你來說,成功是什麼意思? - To me, it’s doing something I love every day.
對我來說,就是每天做我熱愛的事情。 - That’s a great answer. Do you think money equals success?
這是個好答案。你認為金錢等於成功嗎? - Not necessarily. Happiness matters more to me.
不一定。對我來說,快樂更重要。 - I agree. What about fame? Is that important?
我同意。那名聲呢?重要嗎? - Not really. I’d rather be respected than famous.
不是很重要。我更希望被尊重而不是成名。 - Same here. Respect feels more meaningful.
我也是。尊重讓人覺得更有意義。 - Exactly. It’s about leaving a positive impact.
沒錯。這關乎於留下積極的影響。 - Did you always know what you wanted to do?
你一直都知道自己想做什麼嗎? - Not at all. It took me years to figure it out.
完全不知道。我花了好幾年才弄明白。 - Same here. It’s still a work in progress.
我也是。這還是一個未完成的過程。 - That’s okay. Life is all about the journey.
沒關係。人生就是關於這段旅程。 - If you could switch careers, what would you choose?
如果你可以轉換職業,你會選什麼? - Maybe a writer. I enjoy telling stories.
也許是作家。我喜歡講故事。 - That’s great! Have you written anything before?
太棒了!你之前寫過什麼嗎? - Just for fun, but nothing serious.
只是為了好玩,沒有認真寫過。 - You should definitely pursue it.
你應該去追求這個夢想。 - Maybe someday. Right now, it’s just a hobby.
也許有一天吧。現在只是興趣而已。 - What do you think is the key to success?
你覺得成功的關鍵是什麼? - Consistency. Keep working, even on bad days.
持之以恆。即使在糟糕的日子也要努力。 - That’s true. Success takes time and patience.
的確如此。成功需要時間和耐心。 - Exactly. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
完全同意。這是一場馬拉松,不是短跑。 - Have you ever been inspired by someone’s story?
你曾經被某人的故事激勵過嗎? - Yes, Elon Musk. His determination is amazing.
有的,像埃隆·馬斯克。他的決心讓人驚嘆。 - He’s incredible. I admire his creativity.
他太厲害了。我欽佩他的創造力。 - Me too! He’s a big dreamer with bold ideas.
我也是!他是一個有大夢想和大膽想法的人。 - What about you? Who inspires you the most?
那你呢?誰最激勵你? - My grandmother. She built her life from nothing.
我祖母。她白手起家建立了她的生活。 - That’s incredible. What did she teach you?
真了不起。她教了你什麼? - To work hard, stay humble, and never give up.
努力工作,保持謙虛,永不放棄。 - That’s great advice. She sounds like an amazing woman.
這是很棒的建議。她聽起來是一位了不起的女性。 - She really was. I hope I can make her proud.
她真的很了不起。我希望能讓她為我感到驕傲。 - Do you have any special family traditions?
你們家有什麼特別的家庭傳統嗎? - Yes, we always celebrate Diwali together.
有的,我們總是一起慶祝排燈節。 - That’s lovely! What do you do for Diwali?
那真好!你們怎麼慶祝排燈節? - We light lamps, eat sweets, and visit friends.
我們點燈、吃甜點,還會拜訪朋友。 - It sounds so colorful and fun.
聽起來既多彩又有趣。 - It is! Everyone wears new clothes and exchanges gifts.
是的!每個人都穿新衣服並交換禮物。 - Do you have a favorite Diwali memory?
你有最喜歡的排燈節回憶嗎? - Yes, the year we made the biggest rangoli ever!
有,那一年我們做了最大的一幅彩砂畫! - That’s amazing! Did your neighbors join in?
太棒了!鄰居有加入嗎? - They did, and it turned into a little competition!
他們有,而且還變成了一場小比賽! - Do you celebrate any holidays with your family?
你有和家人一起慶祝的節日嗎? - Yes, Thanksgiving is a big one for us.
有,感恩節對我們來說很重要。 - What do you do for Thanksgiving?
你們怎麼慶祝感恩節? - We cook a big meal, watch football, and share what we’re thankful for.
我們做一大頓飯,看橄欖球,分享感恩的事情。 - That sounds so warm and festive.
聽起來好溫馨又充滿節日氣氛。 - It is. My favorite part is the pumpkin pie!
是的。我最喜歡南瓜派! - Do you ever invite friends to celebrate?
你們會邀請朋友一起慶祝嗎? - Sometimes. It’s nice to share traditions with others.
有時候。我們喜歡和別人分享傳統。 - What’s the most memorable holiday moment for you?
你最難忘的節日時刻是什麼? - Probably the year we burned the turkey!
可能是那一年我們烤焦了火雞! - Burning the turkey? That’s unforgettable!
烤焦火雞?那真是難忘! - It was hilarious. We ended up ordering pizza.
太搞笑了。我們最後訂了披薩。 - Did anyone try to save the turkey?
有人試圖拯救那隻火雞嗎? - My dad did, but it was too far gone.
我爸爸試了,但已經無可挽回了。 - Do you have any funny holiday traditions?
你們有什麼有趣的節日傳統嗎? - Yes, we always have a “worst joke contest.”
有,我們總會舉辦“最爛笑話比賽”。 - That sounds hilarious! What’s the best worst joke?
聽起來很好笑!最爛的笑話是什麼? - Why did the turkey cross the road? To avoid Thanksgiving!
為什麼火雞過馬路?為了躲過感恩節! - Classic! Do you have any serious traditions?
經典!你們有比較嚴肅的傳統嗎? - Yes, we light candles for loved ones who passed away.
有,我們會為已故的親人點燃蠟燭。 - That’s beautiful. Do you do it every year?
真美。你們每年都會這麼做嗎? - Yes, it helps us feel connected to them.
是的,這讓我們感覺和他們依然連結在一起。 - Do you have any big family reunions?
你們有大型的家庭聚會嗎? - Yes, every summer we all gather at my grandparents’ house.
有,每年夏天我們都會在祖父母家聚會。 - That must be chaotic but fun!
那一定很混亂但很有趣! - Totally! There are kids running everywhere.
完全沒錯!到處都是跑來跑去的小孩。 - What’s your favorite part of the reunion?
你最喜歡聚會的哪個部分? - Storytime. Everyone shares old family stories.
聽故事。每個人都分享老家庭故事。 - That sounds so heartwarming. What’s the best story you’ve heard?
聽起來好溫馨。你聽過最好的故事是什麼? - Probably the one about how my grandparents first met.
可能是關於我祖父母如何初次相遇的故事。